APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
As part of the Association’s commitment to the promotion and development of ruminant nutrition in Australia, the AARN offers a monetary scholarship to students enrolled in any tertiary education facility in Australia completing their major research project in a topic related to ruminant nutrition. The scholarship is provided as a one-off grant.
Winners are required to attend the AARN Annual Conference and do a short presentation on their work. Attending this conference is a fantastic opportunity for students to learn from other presenters on the day, and network with potential employers and industry colleagues.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Annual Conference has been postponed until February 8th & 9th 2022.
Applications have been extended until December 17th at 5:00 pm.
To be eligible for the prize applicants must be:
- Enrolled as an Honors, Masters or PhD student in an appropriate course (Bachelor/Master of Animal Science, Agricultural Science or Veterinary Science) at an Australian University
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Undertaking a research project involving ruminant nutrition or a related topic and be able to provide details of the project and
- Able to demonstrate academic merit.
The cash prize value of the scholarship is $1,500 with $1,000 payable upon announcement of the successful applicant. The remaining $500 will be payable after a short presentation at the AARN Annual Conference, which has been postponed until February 8th & 9th 2022, Bendigo VIC, OR the next applicable conference if necessary). Payments will be made via direct bank transfer.
Scholarship winners will also receive free membership of AARN (valued at $300) in 2022 as well as funding to cover conference registration, travel, and accommodation costs associated with attending the conference upon receipt of invoices.
- Written applications will be judged by the current AARN committee based on 1) writing ability; 2) significance of project/findings; and 3) relevance to ruminant nutrition.
- Winners will be notified by January 4th, 2022.
- AARN reserves the right to appoint 0, 1 or 2 scholarships at the discretion of the committee based on available funds and the applications received.
- To accept the award, recipients are required to attend and give a short 10-minute presentation at the annual AARN Annual Conference, February 8th & 9th, Bendigo Victoria.
How to Apply
Complete the form below and attach:
- A cover letter that acknowledges eligibility criteria
- A well written 200-word description of work that has been signed by your supervisor
Applications close on December 17th at 5:00 pm.